I’ve not done a blog about Quidco in a while, so I thought it was about time and this week gave me the perfect chance.
I must admit, I do have a love-hate relationship with Quidco……. Ya know when Twitter / Facebook has a “new update” and for months you get annoying people always moaning about it? Yep, I’m one of those people and Quidco gave itself a new / annoying home-page a few months ago. While I’m sure I will grow to like it in the end, for the time-being I hate it and every little thing that goes wrong with Quidco, even if its something like a tracking issue, that is really nothing to-do with the homepage I will still blame the new homepage. I’m one of those people lol
Well, this blog is about Quidco’s ClickSnap this system pays you cashback on your normal online shopping from Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda etc, and some of the offers are really good.
This week I needed to place a order with Sainsburys, It’s been a long long time since I used them and as such had a number of vouchers to use-up. Triple nectar points, free delivery, £10 off a £50 shop, £1.44, £5.00 and £25.00.
I never normally spend £50 on my food shop. I normally spend £25 with Tesco (including the £1 delivery charge), so I was lost on how I would spend £50.
Luckily Quidco’s ClickSnap had some good offers on this time….
- Weetabix 72 pack – Buy 3, get £3.50 cashback
- PG Tips pyramid tea bags 240 pack – Buy 3, get £3.00 cashback
- The Happy Egg Co free range eggs 6pk (all varieties) – Buy 1, get 60p cashback
- Heinz salad cream original & light 460g – Buy 1, get 60p cashback
- Seabrook crisps 6pk (all varieties) – Buy 1, get 15p cashback
- Volvic juiced 500ml (all varieties) – Buy 1, get 25p cashback (I bought two of these)
- Volvic mineral water 6X1.5 Litres – Buy 1, get 90p cashback
Most of the above are things that I would buy, but not the branded ones, like Weetabix is £5.69 for a massive box, I would rather buy the “value” ones for less than half that price. Same with tea bags, I normally buy tea bags that have just gone out of date as there is nothing wrong with them, but they are cheaper. At the moment I have some tetley – one cup tea bags that I got for 10p as they went out of date 2 months ago. But it still tastes like tea! Since as I had needed to spend £50 so I could use all these vouchers I treated myself to the above brand names.
Next step I went into Sainsburys and did my shopping…..
- 3 x PG tips Pyramid Tea Bags x240 – Total Price £13.50
- 2 x Volvic Mineral Water 6×1.5L – Total Price £7.00
- 2 x Volvic Juiced Berry Medley 500ml – Total Price £2.00
- 1 x Seabrook Prawn Cocktail Crinkle Cut Crisps 6x30g – Total Price £1.00
- 3 x Weetabix Cereal x72 – Total Price £17.07
- 1 x Heinz Salad Cream 460g – Total Price £2.25
- 1 x Happy Egg Medium Free Range Eggs x6 – Total Price £1.90
- 3 x Sainsbury’s Pasta & Sauce, Cheese & Broccoli 120g – Total Price £2.10
- 3 x Sainsbury’s Pasta & Sauce, Macaroni Cheese 120g – Total Price £2.10
- 4 x Sainsbury’s Long Life Skimmed Milk, Basics 1L – Total Price £2.28
- 1 x Sainsbury’s Oranges (each) – Total Price £0.30
This all came to £51.50
Then used all my vouchers of £41.44
Plus saved another £2.50 on some offer
Total I paid Sainsbury’s was £10.06 in the end.
But with my £9.25 Quidco cash back, the grand total I paid for my £51 Sainsburys shop was…..81p
Yes, 81p for £51 worth of shopping, well pleased with myself here :p
Here are some photos of the shopping too, you will notice the crisps have gone missing as Dan has already stolen them from me lol