Well I’ve done it again…… I’ve got myself into something without even trying…..
Yesterday morning Which? posted on Twitter a photo of some food and to be honest it gave me a craving for junk food so ended up spending yesterday eating 4 large bags of crisps. Dan found out and punished me for not sticking to my healthy eating and took my bank card away till the end of the month.
So this means I am left with £3.40 (the change I had in the house) to live on for the next 17 days, or as I am now calling it the “Live 17 days on £3.40 challenge”. I must make clear my bills will still be getting paid, this £3.40 is for everything apart from bills.
Yes it will be hard, but I love a challenge. I have just spent the last hour making a full list of every item of food I have in the house seeing as I only have £3.40 to spend on food for the next 17 days.
Currently I have the following:
- 16 x Yum Yum Instant Noodles Chicken 60g
- 22 x Yum Yum Instant Noodles Curry 60g
- 9 x Paxo Sage And Onion Stuffing 85g
- 27 x Lightfields Tartare Sauce (little cafe packets)
- 5 x Beef Oxo Cubes (left over from market research last year)
- 10 x Beet IT Organic: Concentrated Beetroot Shots
- 1 x Chicken Tonight Creamy Mushroom Just Add Chicken 500g
- 5 x Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce 148ml
- 1 x Schwartz Slow Cookers Beef & Tomato mix 40g
- 1 x Schwartz Slow Cookers Chicken Provencal Mix 40g
- 2 x Schwartz Slow Cookers Sausage & Bean Casserole Mix 40g
- 1 x Tesco British Skimmed Milk UHT 1litre (Not opened)
- 3 x Cadbury Composite Fair Trade Drinking Chocolate 2kg
- 3 x Unbranded tea bags (market research)
While it does seem a lot, most of it is little odds and ends (apart from noodles) and I only have one box of milk left. This means after the next 3 days I will be unable to drink any tea or have my daily flask of Hot Chocolate, but it’s all good news as I feel excited as I do like a challenge.
Now for the hard part…
The easy option would be to pretty much live on noodles for the next 17 days, but I don’t want to-do that, although they will still be a main part of my diet I can not live on just noodles alone as I wont loose weight like I have been. Currently I have been losing at around 2lbs a week over the last few months and want to carry on doing that.
Anyway I will be fine with what I have got in the cupboards and the £3.40 in my pocket, so lets do this.